The Boise State Vietnam Alumni Chapter welcomes alumni, friends, and fans who live in Vietnam.
The majority of Boise State alumni in Vietnam graduated from Boise State’s MBA program, the first ever AACSB-accredited MBA program conducted in Vietnam since 1990. Since graduation many Alumni have gone on to hold key positions in the academy and the private sector of Vietnam, while keeping good relationship with their alma mater through the communication with their former professors and friends (buddies), especially through Dr. Nancy Napier, who headed the Vietnam MBA program at Boise State University throughout the period of 1993-1999.
This group was chartered in 2009 and is the only international chapter for the Boise State Alumni Association. The chartering process was led by Ha Nguyen ’97 and Nguyen Trong Khang, and Dau Thuy Ha ’99.
The purpose of the Boise State Alumni Vietnam Chapter is to support the mission of the BSU Alumni Association and to promote in an organized manner the interests of BSU in establishing closer contact between the University and the constituents of the Boise State Alumni Chapter in Vietnam. The Chapter also supports closer links and networking amongst the Boise Alumni who now live throughout Vietnam and work in many different sectors and industries.
President: Dr. Pham Quang Trung ’95
Vice Presidents: Nguyen Trong Khang ’99 and Ha Nguyen ’97
Treasurer: Dau Thuy Ha ’99
Vietnam Alumni Chapter president, Dr. Pham Quang Trung
Dr. Trung is a distinguished alumnus of Boise State University in Vietnam. After graduation from the Boise State MBA program in 1993, he played an instrumental role in setting up and growing the first graduate Business School in Vietnam, the NEU Business School (www.bsneu.edu.vn). Dr. Trung served as Director of the NEU Business School from 1999-2008 and in September 2008 became the Vice Rector of the National Economics University (www.neu.edu.vn), Vietnam’s leading public university with a student body of over 45,000, offering 45 undergraduate and graduate academic programs.
Visit this website and watch your mailbox for announcements about chapter meetings and upcoming events. If you would like to be added to the announcement list, update your information to make sure the Alumni Association has your current contact email and mailing address.
If you would like to participate in the activities of the Boise State Vietnam Alumni Chapter, please contact DT Ha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. …if you didn’t finish your degree or even attend Boise State, you can still support the chapter.
- MK Smart Joint Stock Company under the MK Group was recognized as Viet Nam’s first high-tech enterprise by the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) on 18/1/2013.
- The picture below was taken during a get together in Hanoi during the Boise State’ EMBA Int’l Residency week in Hanoi with Vietnamese alumni in the Fall of 2012
- Boise State Alumni in Vietnam attend Trey McIntyre Project Performance.
- Boise State Professor Nancy Napier received the Vietnam Medal of Honor for Educational Contributions at a ceremony on Nov. 18, 2011, in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Vuong Quan Hoang ’97, receives Vietnam National Journalism Award 2010.
- April 14, 2011: National Economics University in Hanoi, held an inauguration ceremony to launch the NEU’s International School of Management and Economics (ISME) (formerly its International Education Faculty). Click here for Details.
- Article from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark (10-09)
- A Message From Ha-Nguyen (12/08)
- How We Started This Chapter by DT Ha
April 2009: Ha visited Boise to meet with Executive MBA participants and Alumni Office.
December 5, 2008: meeting in Hanoi with Dr. Nancy Napier, Executive Director of the Centre for Creativity and Innovation at Boise State University.
October 14-18, 2008: The Trade Commission of Idaho came to Vietnam in October 2008. Led by the Governor of Idaho, many state officials from Agriculture, Commerce were accompanied by many Idaho leading companies. Boise State University representatives were included in the delegation. The purpose of the trip was to promote the trade, business, education exchange between Vietnam and Idaho. During the visit, the delegation met with government officials, businesses and universities of Vietnam.
MK Group owned by Nguyen Trong Khang, a Vietnam BSU Alumni, was honored to host a lunch in co-ordination with American Chamber of Commerce (Amcham) – to welcome the delegation in Saigon, Vietnam. The delegation was very impressed that they found a “Boise Alumni” in Vietnam! The delegation agreed that BSU alumni can be a business bridge between Idaho & Vietnam.”