Are you interested in becoming a Bronco Contact Volunteer? We are always looking for passionate Broncos who want to keep their connection to Boise State. We invite contacts everywhere, but especially in the following areas: In Idaho: Blaine County, Valley County, Payette County and Kootenai County. Outside Idaho: Ft. Collins, Provo, Logan, Spokane, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Houston, Los Angeles, Reno, New York, and Phoenix. Call or email today if you would like to serve as a Bronco Contact in your area.
The Bronco Contact Volunteer:
Become part of the Bronco family, and serve as a point of connection between area alumni and the Boise State Alumni Relations office. Engage Boise State alumni and friends by serving as a communication link and/or event organizer to create opportunities for social interaction, networking, and shared Bronco Pride.
Bronco Contact Responsibilities:
- Be listed on the alumni website as a Bronco Contact (e-mail and/or phone number)
- Organize at least two events or program per year that align with the Boise State Alumni mission (highly recommend assisting with our annual Note-Writing Campaign)
- Promote membership and benefits to constituency
- Serve as area information person for local inquiries about alumni activities, scholarship opportunities,
community interests, student recruitment, and Association news.
- Communicate regularly with the staff about activities in your area
- Submit post-event report to staff after each event (we want to know about your events!)
- Sign a confidentiality form that protects all alumni from misuse of personal information
Qualifications to be a Bronco Contact:
- Commitment to the mission, visions, and values of the Boise State Alumni Association
- Communication, decision-making skills, and the ability to work effectively with a team
- Organized and self-motivated
- Current Boise State Alumni Association dues paying member
Time commitment and leadership term:
The time commitment for Bronco Contacts varies according to geographic area, personal commitment, and energy of individual.
- Newsletters and other periodic communications from the Boise State Alumni Association
- Early announcements of special alumni activities
- Invitations to campus for special events
- Connect with other Bronco Contacts
Alumni Association Assistance for Bronco Contacts:
- E-mail list management
- Alumni website design and maintenance
- Online event registration
- Consultation for events
Note: Funding for your event may be considered by the staff, provided there is demonstrated alumni interest and strong membership in the area.
STEPS TO BECOME A BRONCO CONTACT:
- Submit letter of interest outlining commitment to supporting the mission of the Boise State Alumni Association
- Sign confidentiality form indicating commitment to protect alumni information
- Commit to organize at least two quality events/activities per year (written documentation required)
- Submit information to be listed on the Web site
- Be a current Alumni Association dues-paying member
For information please contact:
Teresa Harder, Director of Regional Alumni Programs
firstname.lastname@example.org / (208) 426-1297