Building Size and Cost: 44,000 square feet, $14,500,000
Construction: Jordan Wilcomb Construction
Architects: LCA Architects
Groundbreaking: Sept. 20, 2014
Ribbon Cutting (During Homecoming): Oct 15, 2016
See the ribbon cutting and take a tour! Click on “Live at the Alumni and Friends Center Grand Opening.”
Other Fun Facts:
- Geothermal heat
- The clock tower contains LED lights that currently light the sky with blue and orange, though the lights can also be customized to just about any color
- Private donor funding with additional Boise State University financing provided by S. Bank and Idaho Housing and Finance
Thank you to our lead donors and visionaries Allen and Dixie Dykman
Old Alumni Center RazingThe Boise Fire Department worked with the alumni association to stage a Live Training Burn to prepare for the construction of the new Alumni and Friends Center on Aug. 18, 2014. Watch the controlled burn timelapse below.
- Barrie Connolly and Associates
- Crowell & Company
- Henriksen Butler
- Intermountain Design, Inc.
- Sprague Solutions
- Landscape Architects: The Land Group
- Engraved Bricks: Fund Raisers Sports — Reserve your personalized brick today!
- Bronze Sculptures: The Estate of Rod Kagan
- Bronze Seal: Ben Victor (professor of the practice), Francis Fox, (sculpture faculty), Madeline Fluharty (student) and Diana Luoma (alumna and donor)
The Alumni and Friends Center houses great pieces of art produced by various Boise State University alumni, faculty and friends. Artwork in the building features the following artists: Alma Gomez-Frith ’91, Ward Hooper ’87, Howard Huff (art faculty emeritus), Sam Katz (friend), John Killmaster (art faculty emeritus), Louis Peck (art faculty emeritus), Ben Victor (professor of the practice) and Michael Woods ’72.
Departments in the Facility