The new Alumni and Friends Center is the place where alumni and friends build upon long-standing traditions. This cherished new space on campus will encourage the rekindling of lifelong friendships, and ignite school spirit and create future memories.
Past, Present and Future: University Seal Permanently Displayed at Alumni and Friends Center
When the Alumni and Friends Center opened in Oct. 2016, it became a welcoming new community landmark at the eastern gateway of campus. Boise State artists set out this year to create a work befitting of the new space — a 3-foot bronze replica of the university seal.
Designed in 1968, the seal features Boise’s natural environment and includes the university name and the Latin phrase “Splendor Sine Occasu,” which translates as “Splendor Without End.”
Art students and faculty, members of the facilities team at Boise State and sculptor Benjamin Victor, the university’s artist in residence and a professor of the practice, have all worked collaboratively on the project. The carpentry shop created a wood form, Victor and a student built a model of the seal from clay, and then a sculpture team took over to cast it in bronze.
The production of the bronze seal was made possible from a generous gift from business owner Dianna Luoma, an alumna and prior Alumni Association board member.
Cement Your Legacy with a Personalized BrickAlumni and friends are invited to be a part of a legacy by investing in the Alumni and Friends Center. Don’t miss the opportunity to be involved in this exciting project with an engraved brick in the courtyard! For a gift of $1,000, you may have your name, family name or that of a loved one, permanently displayed in this magnificent outdoor space for countless visitors to see. This gift is tax deductible to the extent of the law. For more information on the Idaho Education Tax Credit, please visit idaho.gov.
Naming Opportunities, Donor Recognition
- Available for both indoor and outside spaces
- Ranging from $10,000 to $1,000,000.
- Donor recognition plans developed through the design and build phase of the project.
Alumni and Friends Center Campaign
Jennifer Neil, Boise State University Advancement
(208) 426-2927 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Built on University Drive between Grant and Denver streets is at the site of the former Alumni Center and adjacent parking lot.
- Total indoor space is approximately 40,000 square feet.
- Total cost was $14,000,000 (privately funded through charitable donations).
- Jordan-Wilcomb Construction serves as construction managers; and Lombard Conrad Architects is the architectural firm.
- A ballroom for large meetings or events.
- A conference room for more intimate events and smaller gatherings.
- A living room filled with comfortable furniture and an inviting fireplace
- A showcase, recognizing Boise State’s history and traditions.
- The spirit of college game day with other Bronco Fans at this perfectly situated setting during home football games.
- A modern glass, brick and brick building designed to complement the present campus architecture.
- The feeling of coming “home” and remembering some of the best times of your life…entertaining and meeting friends…return to where you belong.
- Reunions, graduations, pre- and post-game festivities.
- Sharing memories and treasures.
Reserve a Space
Reserve space at the Alumni and Friends Center